August 4, 2011

Antiquing It Up

Did you know that Antiquing is in fact a word? 
"Antiquing" is the act of shopping, identifying, negotiating, or bargaining for antiques. Items can be bought for personal use, gifts, and in the case of brokers and dealers, profit. Antiquing is performed at garage sales, estate sales, resort towns, antiques districts, collectives, and international auction houses.
Note that the word "antiquing" may also refer to the art of making an object appear antique through distressing or applying an antique looking paint application.
Anyway, today I had some errands that took me to Westfield and Noblesville... with a lot of time in-between stops. So what did I do? I looked at displays and went to two antique shops looking for ideas for scarf booth displays.

First up saw this rack with three rows of hooks. It was hanging WAY above my head, so the photo is not the best.

Also saw a lot of laders being used, handy because it is self supporting and yet collapses easily. I am leaning more towards a ladder right now, some where painted to make it less industrious.

But I also saw potential in one of the last things I saw.
Anyone have a guess at what it is?






The skeleton of a lamp shade! They had stripped the outer part and wrapped some ribbon around it.
I thought this was a very interesting idea.... the scarves could then be hung similar to a wind sock, possibly drawing more attention to themselves. Anyone else have any creative and cheap ideas for putting a display booth together?

No comments:

Post a Comment